I remember before I got pregnant I would daydream of precious moments like this…
So I’m currently soaking up every minute while I can.
It’s official, we are nearing the home stretch!!
I’m just a few days away from being 35 weeks and I am the type that likes to be totally prepared.
I’ve been wanting to get this post up for y’all for a while now but I also wanted to make sure it was REALLY helpful and informative.
It took me so long to figure out what on earth to pack for myself.
This is my first baby and I really have no idea what to expect!
I reached out to a few friends of mine who recently had babies and also did a whole lot of
research and came across some great lists!
Honestly all of the lists/info was a little overwhelming and every list has something different!
So I’ve somewhat been putting this off…
Well, I finally just sat down last weekend and made a packing list for:
2. My Husband
3. and BABY!!
I’ll share each of our lists and include direct links to the items if possible!
WHAT’S IN MY HOSPITAL BAG!
Have these accessible in an outside pocket:
1. Chapstick/Gum (apparently your mouth gets super dry during labor)
2. Hair tie (you are not going to want your hair all up in your face during labor)
3. Phone Charger
Clothing for me: (linking each item in order below this list, just scroll through to see all items)
1. Robe (this is the exact one that I’m bringing but I linked a cute one below as well)
2. Slippers// Flip flops for shower
3. Nursing bra/ Top/ Pads/ Silverette Cups
4. Sweatpants/Stretchy leggings
6. Warm socks
7. Going home outfit — (I may just end up wearing my sweats but…) I’m thinking of packing some stretchy comfy jeans, a casual top that works for nursing & my converse or some type of comfy shoe!
Toiletries for me:
1. Makeup – I know myself, and know that there will be lots of photos being taken & I’ll want to look somewhat put together once he’s here!
2. Make up remover wipes
3. Hair Brush/ Hair Clip
4. Toothbrush/ Toothpaste/ Deodorant
5. Shower Essentials/ Lotion/ your own towel
6. Granny Panties/Pads/Depends Diapers — Y’all my diapers came in yesterday and I’m honestly PUMPED.
8. ***BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW***
9. Nursing pillow/Boppy
10. Breast pump/accessories (so they can teach you how to use it)
Your hospital will most likely have a pump for you to use and apparently they’re better and stronger than the pump you’ll have at home! But DO bring yourself some nipple cream!!
1. Camera – for better quality photos
2. SNACKS – this was on EVERY single list.
3. Baby book
WHAT’S IN MY HUSBANDS HOSPITAL BAG:
1. SNACKS – labor & delivery typically lasts a LONG time and your man is going to get hungry
3. Change of clothes
5. Flip flops for shower
WHAT’S IN HAYES’S HOSPITAL BAG:
(Some hospitals provide you with a TON of things so you really may not need all of this stuff, but if you’re overly cautious and like to be overly prepared then you can follow my list!)
1. Car seat – obviously not actually in the bag…
2. Light blanket for car seat
3. Swaddling blankets
5. Burp cloths
6. NB-3 month sleepers and onesies
7. Diapers (will most likely be provided)
8. Going home outfit
Okay, THAT’S IT!
All you experienced mamas please feel free to comment and let me know if I’ve left anything out or included something that’s totally not necessary! And if you’re a new/soon to be mama please leave me a comment letting me know what you think/if this was helpful for you!!
And if you’re not a mama or soon to be mama but still over here reading this I LOVE YOU.
This was a SUPER requested post so I hope it was as helpful as all of you were hoping!
Love y’all so much.